Wednesday, May 18, 2016

  • Today is a great day for me. My diabetes coach, Dr John Scolaro, took me off gliburide which "squeezes" the pancreas for more insulin. No more gliburide for me! Yabba dabba doo!! 
  • He made this decision based on my recent blood glucose readings that are very decent numbers. Some of the readings have even been too low such as 57 (3.2). We will be tracking my BG readings without gliburide for the next two weeks until we meet again on June 1st.
  • I am very happy that one of my goals to eliminate glyburide has been achieved. All those exercises and diet changes have finally paid off. Now it is my responsibility to maintain this lifestyle if I want to stay off glyburide.
  • Thank you Dr Scolaro!
  • My early morning BG reading was 136 and I was too happy to take a second reading!!
  • Today I walked a total of 10 KM (6 miles) and I did some time on the seated leg press machine in the gym as well as using the row machine
  • I also did my bending and stretching exercise and walking up the steps at home
  • We had two friends over for lunch today and we cooked rice noodles with lots of bokchoy, fresh asparagus from my friend's garden, and pork. Rice noodles are high in starch that can spike my BG readings but once in a while I deserve some real Malaysian food!! Actually this is the first time in three years that I am eating rice noodles!! So, I do not need to confess to my priest. 

  • My food audit for today:
  1. Oatmeal with cooked sorghum, millet, chia seeds, teff, quinoa, amaranth, and flax
  2. A mug of smoothie made with baby kale and watermelon
  3. Fried rice noodle with bokchoy, pork, and asparagus
  4. For dinner I had a whole-wheat tortilla wrap with scraped raw carrot
  5. I drank a lot of water and no coffee today

No comments: