Sunday, May 8, 2016

  • Took my BG reading early morning and it was 145 (8.0). In the afternnon it was 83 (4.6)
  • I walked only 5 km (3 miles) as I had some errands to do in Bangor
  • I ran out of metformin this morning and I called the Walmart pharmacy in Bangor and they gave me enough for three days. I have to call my health center tomorrow for a new prescription
  • My food audit for today
  1. Oatmeal with raspberries and whey
  2. Cup of coffee
  3. Greek wrap with tomato, olives, fetta cheese, and lettuce
  4. Chilli with cornbread at the church
  5. Blender-made watermelon juice
  6. Dinner salad with spinach, tomato, red onion, walnuts, almonds, red grapes, slices of mango, and low-fat plain yogurt
  7.  Lots of water
  • I told someone this evening that I am managing diabetes type 2. He was so sorry for me. I notice people get very worried about diabetes. As a matter of fact, I realize that since I was diagnosed with diabetes I have a better quality of life. I eat better and I exercise more in addition to taking my medications. Everyday I learn something new about managing my diabetes. I also have the opportunity to make interesting meals within what I know about calories, carbs, protein, and fat; I think I am a smart food and exercise consumer now!

No comments: