Thursday, May 19, 2016


  • Today's early morning BG reading was very high at 13.5 (US=243). This is probably because I ate rice noodles in the afternoon, a late night tortilla wrap with scraped carrot for dinner, and a few slices of banana cake. I am anxiously waiting to take my second BG reading later in the afternoon
  • I just took my BG reading at 12 noon and it was a very comfortable 4.8 (US= 85). The high morning reading could have been due to the rice noodle dish I had yesterday for lunch! I took a third BG reading at 6 p.m. and it was 5.7 (US=102). I am now more relaxed about my BG readings
  • I walked a total of 10 KM (6 miles) today and I used the seated leg press exercise machine twice twenty times each time
  • My food audit for today:
  1. Oatmeal with milk and cooked seven grains of sorghum, millet, flax, amaranth, quinoa, teff, and chia seeds. No coffee today
  2. For lunch I had a small slice of Australian lamb cooked with a little bit of soy sauce, some red lentils, some eggplant, and an omelette with baby kale leaves
  3. I had a late afternoon fresh watermelon juice
  4. For dinner I had a small four inch pita stuffed with spicy chicken floss and avocado
Today is the first day in years that I am not taking glyburide and I am so happy!

No comments: