Monday, May 16, 2016

  • Yesterday (Sunday May15, 2016) my early morning BG reading was 111 (6.15). I did not get to take a second reading later in the day. We went to church and there was lots of food after mass. I ate a lot of oatmeal fudge cake; I should not have eaten so much sweet stuff but they were so good. Mea culpa mea maxima culpa
  • Yesterday I walked 5 KM (3 miles) in the gym and also I used some of the exercise equipment
  • This morning (Monday May 16th, 2016) my early morning BG reading was 132 (7.3) and that was a surprise because I thought my BG reading would go through the roof after all that sweet stuff at church yesterday. My second reading in the afternoon was a surprising 68 (3.8); somebody up there must be looking out for me!!
  • Today I walked 10 KM (6 miles) and I used some of the exercise machines. My favorite ones are the seated leg press machine, the rowing machine, and the overhead pull down machine.
  • My food audit for today:
  1. Oatmeal with my cooked seven grains consisting of sorghum, millet, teff, flax, quinoa, amaranth, and chia seeds. I had this combination with some milk and a cup of coffee
  2. I also had a small pita stuffed with shredded roast chicken
  3. For lunch, I had cooked basmati rice, lentils, and an egg omelette with lots of baby kale
  4. In the evening, I had a small bowl of fried rice with lots and lots of vegetables and eggs

No comments: