Wednesday, June 29, 2016

  • BG at 6.15 a.m. was 7.47 (US=159)
  • BG at 11.10 a.m. was 6.49 (US=117)
  • BP at 7.45 a.m. was 115/71

MEDICATIONS
  • Metformin at 6.00 a.m.
  • Metformin at 5.00 p.m

DIET
  • Oatmeal with seven-grain mix, walnuts, almonds, chia seeds, and peanut butter
  • Small mug of coffee
  • Whole wheat pita with spicy lamb and sliced tomato
  • Mid afternoon snack of fried banana
  • Macaroni cheese with pesto, poached salmon, and sliced tomato

EXERCISE 
  • 30 minutes of yoga
  • 30 minutes stretching exercise
  • 10 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing
  • Walked 10 km (6 miles)
  • 200 bicep curls and hammer curls using ten-pound dumbbells and twenty-pound barbells
Great News

Today all my exercises and careful diet paid off. Since my blood pressure has been very good for some months now, my diabetes team reduced my BP medication of LISINOPRIL from 40 mg to 5 mg. They are not taking me off this medication because it is still good for the kidneys. The team will be monitoring my blood pressure to ensure my current BP level stays on track. Thank you Dr Scolaro, Cathy Chute, and Lorraine Lick.

No comments: